A little later than I planned, here is the FO post for the pillows I sewed for my couch. You can see the color of the couch is a rather uninspired shade of moss green, so I had this plan to make some funky pillows with prints that might brighten up the place. It's really hard to figure out what goes with drab moss, everything in the living room is a neutral because I don't like anything with this color. So I decided to go for some strong colors to shake things up, and plan on adding more chocolate brown and turquoise to the room to bring it all together.
The pillow on the left is my favorite, I absolutely fell in love with the fabric when I was at Purl Patchwork and I had to have it. Don't ask me what fabric it is or who makes it because I have absolutely no idea, they don't have it online so I have no way of tracking it down. I especially love that little spider going down the left side! This pillow measures 20x20.
The pillow on the right I wasn't so sure about, which is why I made it smaller (it is 16x16). I don't usually like this sort of Urban-Outfitters-clashing-on-purpose look, but the green in it goes with the couch and the branch motif goes with the other pillow. What's weird about these prints is that I HATE birds and somehow ended up with two pillows that have birds on them! I sewed this one first in case I screwed up, figuring I would just throw it out if it didn't come out right. Turns out I still remember how to use my sewing machine, even though it's been 3 years since I last pulled it out.
These were such a simple project I'm almost ashamed to claim them as a real FO! But I'm happy to have them on the couch and I'm happy I was able to make them without any issues. It's making me more confident that I might be able to sew something to wear, although I realize that there is no comparison between sewing 3 sides of a square (I hand-sewed the 4th side after putting the pillow form in) and sewing a shirt . . .
Pattern: They're squares. Sewn together.
Fabric: 1 yard each of 2 different prints from Purl Soho (I have tons left over of both)
Started: April 30, 2007
Finished: May 2, 2007
I'm thinking of using the leftovers for a crochet hook holder . . .