I may have finally lost it completely.
That's right, I'm joining in on the Olympic insanity over at Stephanie's blog. I'm going to knit Alice Starmore's Little Rivers pullover.
Lots of things had to happen at just the right time for me to do make this decision.
- My friend Margaret recently lent me her copy of Stillwater, which led to my realizing I love this pullover.
- I have been meaning to make a Starmore for a long time, but I really don't want to start it and never finish it, which (as you all know) I have a tendency to do once I get bored with something. This will hopefully make me start, work on it exclusively, and finish the thing.
- My boyfriend's in England and I therefore have a lot more free time right now, which I won't have later.
- Said boyfriend comes home for a visit on February 24th, which happens to be just about the time the contest is over.
- Most of what I knit is secret until it's done, so this will be a nice change for you blog readers who would probably enjoy more progress pictures.
- A challenge was presented. And I love me a challenge.
SO, I've decided to knit this pullover in 14 days (since Adam's coming home before the official cut-off date). Or 16 days if I can't manage the 14.
Which is, truthfully, insane. I know that. You know that. But let's all suspend our disbelief for a little while, m'kay?
Leave a Reply