So remember I showed you this picture of yarn ends in December?
It took me long enough, but here's an FO shot of my Crazy Aurora 8's Raglan!
It took forEVER to weave in all those damn ends. What was I thinking??? I hate weaving in ends. HATE. So much so, that I put it off, and put it off, and then put it off some more.
I started this pullover around September 1st. The knitting was done and it was even sewn together on September 15th. Sometime later I fixed the buttonband, bought and sewed on buttons (which I also hate doing), and tried it on to make sure it worked. But it took me until DECEMBER 26th to finally make myself weave in those ends! (not to mention it took until January 25th to take an FO photo, somehow it doesn't feel done until I do that anyway!).
Here's a not-great shot of it on me:
The colors are more accurate in the first picture, this one has a strange sepia glow to it (you know I'd never manage to do that if I was actually going for that look).
For the buttonbands, I ended up crocheting a crazy made-up band. I worked a row of sc along each side of the split, then worked ch loops for the buttons. I wanted the green to show, so after I crocheted the loops, I made them thicker by working sl st's into each ch, so that the green shows around the buttons. I like the way it turned out, but it's not too neat. Since I knit the sweater fairly loosely (I did that on purpose to make it less warm), the stitches where I inserted the crochet hook stretched out, so they aren't as neat as I usually like my finishing to be (especially since I first knit a buttonband, ripped it out, and then crocheted into the same spaces). It'll have to do though, because this took long enough as it is!
I've worn it exactly once since I finished it, and I can't say it'll be getting much time in the handknit sweater rotation. It's too bright. Some part of me knew it all along. I'll wear it on days when I want to stand out. ;o)
Pattern: Made it up as I went along, basic shaped raglan
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8 in 9 colors, 2 skeins each
Needles: US size 8
Started: September 1, 2005
Finished: December 26, 2005