So I finished the book project, shipped out the sample, and sent out the pattern, so now it's knitting for ME ME ME! Woo!
I finished both sleeves of SOA except for the ribbing on one sleeve, b/c I can't find my 12" size 5 circ so that'll have to wait. It is so GREAT that I could knit all the way to the bottom of the sleeve on a circ, I've never done a project where that was possible before. Now I have an inch or so of the body section done, and it's gonna be smooth sailing from now on. However, my gauge is different! When I was knitting back and forth on the top, my honeycomb stitch is tighter than it is now that I'm knitting in the round. This is really quite annoying. I'm hoping if I block the top part more than the bottom part that they'll even out. As it is right now it's probably only noticeable to me anyway, but if it could be less noticeable to me that'd be better.
In the past I've never had the issue of different row gauges for knits & purls. I've made circular sweaters many times where at some point I have to knit flat and the two pieces of knitting have ALWAYS matched. But it was never a cabled piece in the past. Now, generally, if you have cable patterns it should be even easier to match your gauge since you have a combo of knits & purls on every row whether you knit flat or in the round, so I never even thought to check for this annoying issue.
It's a good thing I'm a "non-fussy" knitter or I'd be ripping out and changing needle size to get it all identical. If blocking doesn't help enough, well, I'll still wear it.
Off to knit some more at work, the snow is still falling!!! 3" my butt. There's probably closer to 6 at this point.