That funky feeling's still around.
A few funky feeling visual:
The weird blob that appeared half way through winding my skein of Martha yarn.
The TWO double pointed needles I managed to break over the last two days.
The first picture I can take no blame for, but the second is 100% my fault and completely due to my klutzy tendencies. The merely bent needle on the right broke when I was trying my new sock on, and the completely snapped one on the left broke when I SAT ON the sock on the couch (my butt's fine, I didn't even feel it!). I don't have any more bamboo DPNs in this size, so I had to make due with a stupid aluminum one for the rest of the sock. Thankfully only the toe remains.
What's that? You've never seen this WIP and need project details?
I started this sock two nights ago in a fit of wanderlust (for lack of a better word). It all started because I had that ridiculous feeling that I had nothing good to work on, and then I thought I hadn't knit in Koigu in a while (like 2 weeks!) so I started digging through the Koigu stash. I had this idea in mind to do a top that has various shades of blue in it, so I started pulling blues/greens/purples to see what I had to work with . . . and came across this color. And then I found 2 more skeins of this color. Which can only mean one thing: When I bought them I planned to knit a pair of socks out of the color, and have 1 left over for the color stash.
Next thing I know, I'm starting Pomatomus. I'm one of the last people on the planet to knit this sock (at least it seems that way!) and I have to say I'm loving it. The color is perfect for the stitch pattern, which is easy to memorize and quick to work, even with all those K tbl's. I'm already almost done, see:
I decided to change to plain stockinette at the gusset because I have very delicate feet (ahem) and I can't bear the idea of feeling all those stitches inside my shoe. Since the stitch pattern pulls in so much, I decreased evenly across the foot stitches on the first gusset round, when I changed to stockinette, and then continued straight when I had 60 sts. I also worked one fewer repeat on the leg, which strangely turned out to be exactly the same length as my Yankees Sock leg, not that I planned it that way. Other than these tiny changes (cough) I'm doing the pattern exactly as written!
Speaking of which, I really love the heel. It's a deeper heel flap than I usually do on flap socks and it fits really well! Actually, the whole sock fits extremely well, so I'm planning to cast on for its mate tonight, to try to avoid that one-sock problem that's haunted me forever . . .
(PS Before anyone asks, I'm using size 1 needles and Koigu KPPPM color #438)