I spent most of yesterday and today relaxing and trying not to overdo things. I couldn't resist plenty of knitting though, including starting another project. In the interest of getting a few quick FOs finished I'm knitting my second TDR in the last month (I'll post about the first at some point, it's one sleeve away from being done). I'm knitting this one out of Stacy Charles Mist, which I bought at 50% off from String when they stopped carrying it (now that I think about it, maybe it's discontinued? don't know). This yarn is 100% cashmere that's very loosely spun, so it's easy to split as you knit if you don't pay attention . . . which I managed to do several times since I was knitting while catching up with my blog reader. Here's what I have so far:
I am trying something slightly strange by knitting the neck straight and wide before starting the raglan increases . . . I did the neck in a simple diamond lace pattern, which I then continued on the front and back but not on the sleeves. I've now switched to all stockinette so it's much faster going but also easier to get distracted and split the yarn . . .
There were only 6 balls of this color left and none of the other colors that were left went with this, so I'm sure I don't have enough for a full sweater with full length sleeves. I'm thinking depending on how much yarn it eats up, I might do cap sleeves or 3/4 length sleeves, but I'll have to wait and see. I'm about half way down the yoke and into the second ball, so cap sleeves are looking more likely at this point!